ELECTRICAL SCANNING AND INSPECTIONS
The infrared electrical systems survey is typically conducted on an annual basis as part of a regular preventive maintenance program. The infrared electrical testing allows for inspection of a large amount of electrical equipment in a short time as opposed to the alternative method of physically inspecting and tightening electrical components. The infrared electrical systems survey locates faulty electrical items not generally found during a physical inspection.
The infrared electrical systems survey locates problems before they lead to an unscheduled outage, equipment damage or a fire. Today’s facilities engineers are avoiding costly expenses every year with infrared electrical surveys. An infrared electrical systems survey scan can substantially improve profitability and reduce your operating, testing and maintenance costs by offering the following benefits:
• Quickly pinpoints electrical systems problems
• Reduces downtime and electrical equipment damage
• Prevents catastrophic and costly system failures
• Allows engineers and facility managers to establish repair priorities
• Drastically improves preventive maintenance efficiency
• Can be tested under load to avoid costly system shutdowns
And because infrared thermography testing is non-contact and nondestructive testing (NDT), there is no need to interrupt system production. Our experienced ICS Thermographers inspect your electrical equipment under normal loads and operating conditions. By performing an infrared scan of your electrical system in ‘real time’ our infrared electrical systems survey inspections can help you understand the practical impacts of emerging or existing electrical component problems.
The following Electrical Distribution Equipment should be inspected via infrared electrical Inspection
• Electrical utility substations, transformers and feeder poles
• Main electrical incoming services, transformers, capacitor banks, etc.
• Main electrical switchboards and disconnects
• Main electrical distribution panels and disconnects
• Uninterruptable electrical power supplies
• Generator controls and transfer switches
• Main I-Line electrical panels
• Lighting and receptacle electrical panels
• Motor Control Centers
• Service electrical disconnects for motors
• Bus Ducts
The ICS Infrared Electrical Inspection report is your “must-have” management tool which documents all electrical problems found and a complete condition inventory of all items inspected during the infrared electrical systems surveys or inspections.
Thank you for your interest in ICS Infrared Consulting Services, Inc. We welcome your inquiry about infrared electrical systems surveys, infrared electrical inspection or infrared electrical testing services.
Please contact us directly by clicking here. We serve customers nationwide.