Precisely Evaluate Roofing Systems with Infrared Roof Evaluation Survey and Report
Infrared Consulting Services Inc.’s Infrared Roof Evaluation Survey and Report provides complete documentation of the existing condition of your roofing systems.
During the day, the sun radiates energy onto the commercial roof and into the roof substrate. In the evening, the roof radiates the heat back into the atmosphere. This process is called radiational cooling. Areas of the commercial roof that are of a higher mass (wet) retain this heat much longer than that of the lower mass (dry) areas of the roof. Infrared imagers can detect the heat and “see” the warmer, higher mass areas, during the occurrence of uneven heat dissipation from the roof. This is an ideal way to pinpoint what areas of the roof are retaining moisture which can lead to future problems.
Infrared Roof Evaluation Survey and Report consists of:
1. Scanning the entire roof surface with high resolution infrared equipment and marking moisture-damaged roof areas with survey paint.
2. Roof Moisture verification probes.
3. Core sampling with analysis to determine roof construction and roof moisture content.
4. Thermograms with matching 35mm photographs of typical roof moisture areas.
5. Visual field inspection of roofing components documented with 35mm photographs of existing roof conditions, along with a roof inspection checklist.
6. Panoramic photographs of the roof area.
7. Dimensioned roof drawing locating all of the above.
8. Summary of present roof condition, along with recommended roof repair considerations.
9. All delivered in a complete bound roof evaluation report.
The Infrared Roof Evaluation Survey and Report is used world-wide by building managers, facility managers, property managers, plant engineers and government agencies to accurately locate and quantify moisture trapped within commercial roofing assemblies. The infrared detection technique can be used effectively on virtually all types of low slope roofing systems.
When the Infrared Roof Moisture Inspection Survey Should be Used:
1. Prior to Final Acceptance and Payment for a new roofing system.
2. Before acquiring real estate.
3. Before re-roofing over an existing roof assembly.
4. For early detection of roof moisture problems in order to minimize long term roof repair costs.
5. Before preparing your budget request for roof repairs.
6. Whenever roof moisture or leaks occur.
Thank you for your interest in Infrared Consulting Services, Inc. We welcome your inquiry about Infrared Roof Evaluation Survey and Report and/or infrared roof moisture testing services.
Please contact us directly by clicking here. We serve customers nationwide.